Re: XFree Resolutions

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 07:30:31PM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> I use 1024x768 on a VAIO laptop without problems.  At least on my

My LCD is only 800x600, and I'm interested in low resolutions
like 512x384, 400x300, or 320x200.  400x300 should fit very easily
on my screen with doubleing both ways, but there's about an inch on
the bottom and two inches on the right that don't get used

> laptop, the screen stretching is handled by the really-low-level
> hardware on the laptop (Fn-F toggles from full-screen to centered).

I'm thinking that the software tells the stretching hardware how to
stretch the screen.  The resolutions I mentioned work in Windows
properly, but X seems unable to.