Re: [RFR] English debconf templates uim-ajax-ime and uim-social-ime

debian@vdr.jp wrote:
>  This package is a dummy convenience package designed to install the basic
>  uim infrastructure. It does not depend on any plugin packages, because
>  uim is not specific to any languages. To use an input method, you need to
>  install one of the following packages:

Strictly speaking it doesn't need to be one of the listed packages; I
might want the X-SAMPA input method, for instance.  It should either
say:

                       It does not depend on any plugin packages, because
   uim is not specific to any one language. To use a language-specific
   input method, you need to install one of the following packages:

Or (avoiding the implication that even individual input methods are
necessarily tied to particular languages, and making the list
explicitly non-exhaustive):

                       It does not depend on any plugin packages, because
   uim is not limited to one input method. Packages are available for
   various input methods, including the following:

>   * Japanese input method

This one should either be "Japanese input methods", plural, or maybe
each of these lines should only give the language name -

    * Japanese

(If only because we are repeating "input method" rather a lot!)

>    - uim-anthy: Anthy plugin for uim;
>    - uim-canna: Canna plugin for uim;
>    - uim-prime: PRIME plugin for uim;
>    - uim-skk:   SKK plugin for uim.
>   * Chinese input method
>    - uim-pinyin: Pinyin input support for uim.
>   * Korean input method
>    - uim-byeoru: Byeoru input support for uim.
>   * Many other languages input method
>    - uim-m17n: M17n plugin for uim.

"Many other languages input method" doesn't quite work, but if you
drop "input method" it's okay.  If not, you could call it
"Multilingual input method".