Re: takes 'forever' to get past tux

On 2008/12/24 11:35 (GMT+0100) Christian Perle composed:

>> > :-)

>> Is that vi? Is there a provided way to make it use its own editor instead?

> F9 -> Options -> Configuration... -> [x] use internal edIt

Hmmm, I just assumed internal edit was omitted to save space. :-p

Then I tried to "enter" an rpm (located on an nfs mount) with mc to extract
some grub files, and got an error message instead. Is there something omitted
from vDSL to cause that?

Oh, and then there was no grub to run either, and grub> setup to fix a
non-boot condition was my whole point of that vDSL boot. :-( Good thing I
didn't throw away my Knoppix. ;-)
--
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor
in vain."			Psalm 127:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/