Re: takes 'forever' to get past tux

On 2008/12/19 12:42 (GMT+0100) Christian Perle composed:

> I know it is not Knoppix, but can you try booting the latest vDSL ("very
> Damn Small Linux", my personal DSL remaster) with kernel version 2.6.27.8.
> You can download the image here:
>   http://ftp.wh2.tu-dresden.de/pub/mirrors/vDSL/

> The system is command line only and boots to RAM by default. Please
> give boot options "dsl noide" when booting the CD, so no old IDE
> drivers will be used, only the SATA/PATA drivers.

> The kernel is a unpatched (vanilla) 2.6.27.8, kernel config is included
> in the /boot diretory of the booted system.

Not used to lilo type prompt. Forgot dsl noide. Booted right up anyway.
Pretty useless, as >, -, /, | and pretty much everything except letters on
keyboard get unexpected results. Nice to see mc. Could be handy with usable
keyboard.
--
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor
in vain."			Psalm 127:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/