Wireless router and Knoppix.

I bought my wife an HP Pavillion laptop with Vista from TigerDirect.
I put in my Knoppix 5.1.1. disk and it ran like a champ.

Wireless is built in to the laptop. I got it to work with my wireless
router (Linksys WRTGS) using the software on the linksys cdr. It
produced an exe file which I loaded onto the laptop Vista partition.
I also have a sheet printed out with various settings for a manual
connection:
SSID
Security Mode:
Encryption Method
Encryption key

Is it feasable to connect the laptop using Knoppix on the laptop?
Where do I start?
--
John Culleton