Re: [debian-knoppix] Using a 486 for LINUX

Le Vendredi 13 Février 2004 16:41, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :

> You can test that without even touching the 486's harddisk.
>
>    1) Go to www.rom-o-matic.net and build a boot floppy. You only need to
>       know your network card. Defaults worked for me. The image is small.
>
>    2) The boot Knoppix, and start the 'knoppix terminalserver' from the
>       Knoppix/Services menu. Answer the dialog questions, and be sure to pick
>       the right network card. Make sure the services
>
>    3) Boot the 486 off the floppy -- you'll see the knoppix boot screen
>       within second. Knoppix is smart enough too recognise the low mem
>       and stay in text mode giving you what you asked for above.
Is it a normal feature of Knoppix-Terminal-Server ? Or a thing you add
for quantian ?

If i understand , that could allow at boot time to auto-choose between X-client
and graphical-node of the cluster ? (instead of fixing it in /etc/dhcpd.conf or
something like that)
I m very interested to know how  it s possible.
In which file is this test ? please :)

>    http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian/howto_liloboot.html
  very nice :)

Regards