Re: [debian-knoppix] questions / suggestions

Klaus Knopper wrote:
They do this to have a market advantage over other distributions, to be
the first ones to support new or exotic hardware, which is good for
marketing and sales, of course.

mostly, yes...

But this is not a driving force for Knoppix development (at least not
for me personally). I assume that, taken into account the time it takes
for a new kernel release, the stuff included into the official stable
kernel has been tested thoroughly and seems to work well on the majority
of production computers.

really? ;)
..thinking of apic, which seams to fail more often than work :(

Kai Lahmann