[debian-knoppix] questions / suggestions

I booted Knoppix 3.2 on my notebook, with my wireless card installed.  I
have WEP enabled.  Because WEP is enabled, I don't get an IP (I didn't
epect to get one).  I go to a root terminal window, and typed
ifconfig eth0 up.  I then switched to /hda2/home/bill and ran a script I
have, which sets the WEP based on the essid (iwgetid | grep).  I then
discovered that Knoppix still uses pump (for whatever reason).  Red Hat
has gone to using dhclient, which is what is in the script I ran.  After
I ran pump manually, I got an error 110 setting multicast list.

If you need any additional information to fix this problem, please let
me know what it is, and I'll post it.

Another problem (that I'm going to try to fix on Red Hat 9) is that I
have a USB 20 gig hard drive made by Buslink.  I was surfing and see
that a driver is available for Linux.  It doesn't just work.  If I get
it working in RH 9, would it be possible to include the driver on a
version of Knoppix?  I know it really depends on the license, which I
will read.

--
Bill Eastman <beastman@austin.rr.com>