Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: ReMastering Knoppix <--> Script KNOPPX CD Customizer

Hallo knoppixer,

In order to remaster knoppix I have enhanced the scripts from Th. Lange
with Xdialog. My latest version is easy usable, I think. You can go
backwards or start with an already unpacked ISO from disk.

Usually after unpacking, it starts all files named *custom.knx-cdcust.sh
in the dir where knx-cdcust.sh was placed. Then it packes the dirs to an
iso and burns it!

This version is capable of detecting a suitable HD partition by itself
and mounting it. It can also save its settings in an INI file.

An example that reads changes from a directory of my harddisk is also
included.

It works from KNOPPIX, but not from the c't Edition, because at least
cdrecord is missing there:-(( If You have a HD installation it even
works from SuSE if you have cdrecord and compress_fs installed.

I am working next on an automation, that is able to incorporate my
changes in a new KNOPPIX CD, although I think it will not work for all
tasks, just the simple ones, like copiing files.

The scripts are located at
http://www.ing-buero-unger.de/prj/knx/index.html, but can be reached
from the mainpage as well. It is not yet ready but quite useable.

Triing to find out what files can be delete or which must stay on
KNOPPIX is not as easy as it seems. But maybe I can find out just by
triing.

I hope this makes it easier to remaster knoppix.

Greetings

Achim