Re: [libimobiledevice-devel] ipheth

"Martin S." <info@sukimashita.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Why not add an udev rule to the ipheth package which checks for the
> "USBMUX_SUPPORTED" flag and the ipheth module being "added", then calls
> the idevicepairing tool to pair?
>
> Thus the ipheth module would simply depend on
> libimobiledevice-tools/-utils and the ipheth-pair package thingy would
> be gone.

Then all that's left is an arch:all ipheth-support package containing
only the udev rules and depending on an imobiledevice-tools package
providing the pairing utility/agent.

I'm not sure everything is in place today for this to happen, can
someone sum up what is already there, what isn't and what needs to
happen?

Paul and I will work from there on the Debian side of things as soon as
everything required will be in shape in Debian.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>  |  Debian, because code matters more
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer        |       <http://www.debian.org>