Re: [libimobiledevice-devel] ipheth

On 24 April 2010 08:00, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 6:46 AM, Paul McEnery <pmcenery@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Since ipheth has now been accepted by David Miller, I've just added it
>>> to the repository for Debian kernel packages.
>>>

>> Thanks Ben.
>>
>> I'll update the ipheth package in the next couple of days. I'll pick
>> up the discussion about dropping ipheth-dkms on the debian-kernel
>> list...
>
> Was was the final decision of merging the small util into one of the
> other packages and the udev rules into usbmuxd?

This was discussed a few weeks ago, but I don't recall anyone being in
overwhelming support of the idea. I'm not sure that usbmuxd should
have *libimobiledevice-utils* as a dependency for something may not be
used by everyone. If there is some value in this, then I think its
worth reopening the discussion.

At this point I'm working on dropping the ipheth-dkms package and
keeping only ipheth-utils which provides the udev rules and pariing
utility.

If the former approach is preferred, then we can look at getting the
respective maintainers involved...

Regards,
Paul.