Re: [libimobiledevice-devel] ipheth

>> Was was the final decision of merging the small util into one of the
>> other packages and the udev rules into usbmuxd?
>>

> This was discussed a few weeks ago, but I don't recall anyone being in
> overwhelming support of the idea. I'm not sure that usbmuxd should
> have *libimobiledevice-utils* as a dependency for something may not be
> used by everyone. If there is some value in this, then I think its
> worth reopening the discussion.

No, you've mis interpreted what was said. The udev rule would be in
usbmuxd with the other ipod/iphone rules for various bits and then the
actual pairing utill would be in libimobiledevice. There would be no
extra dependencies.

> At this point I'm working on dropping the ipheth-dkms package and
> keeping only ipheth-utils which provides the udev rules and pariing
> utility.

As discussed previously the pairing util can be done with some of the
utils already in libimobiledevice so it would mean there doesn't need
to be yet another package for a tiny util and a single line udev rule.