Re: 2.6.19, kernel-package problems and what are our plans for etch ...

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:26:57 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> said:

> Sven Luther wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:35:56AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>> What architecture line are we talking about here? Is there a bug
>>> report number I can refer to to refresh my memory on this issue?

>>> Again, what is broken about EXTRAVERSION? Which bug reports are we
>>> talking about?

>>> I'd be happy to look at why bits of the build process take longer
>>> than a raw build without make-kpkg -- which bug number was this
>>> reported under?
>>
>> Manoj, you see, this is part of the problem. Nearer integration of
>> the kernel-package maintainer and kernel team, or you being part of
>> the kernel team, doesn't necessarily mean communicating via bug
>> reports.

> What's wrong with filing bugreports?

        Especially since there is no real communication of problem,
 just bad mouthing the package in question, suddenly, and out of the
 blue. Not very conducive to things being corrected either, lacking
 details, debug statements, or a means to reproduce the so called
 fatal flaws,

        manoj
--
Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand
more. Stephens