Re: 2.6.19, kernel-package problems and what are our plans for etch ...

Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:35:56AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>         What architecture line are we talking about here? Is there a
>>  bug report number I can refer to to refresh my memory on this issue?
>>         Again, what is broken about EXTRAVERSION? Which bug reports
>>  are we talking about?
>>         I'd be happy to look at why bits of the build process take
>>  longer than a raw build without make-kpkg -- which bug number was
>>  this reported under?
> Manoj, you see, this is part of the problem. Nearer integration of the
> kernel-package maintainer and kernel team, or you being part of the kernel
> team, doesn't necessarily mean communicating via bug reports.

What's wrong with filing bugreports?

You seem to argue that keeping record of bugs is wrong is replaceable
with coordination on a mailinglist, spiced up with IRC conversations.

I disagree.

Teaming up is great, but does not replace the core routines in Debian.
It just glues them better together. IMHO.

 - Jonas

- --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)