Re: 2.4.27-12 for Sid

Hi,

On Monday 28 November 2005 10:05, Sven Luther wrote:
> ... for a kernel which is aimed at
> going away before the etch release anyway...

I don't think this is true (for debian as a whole). Sorry. Removing 2.4 is not
a etch release goal as defined by the release managers.

And it's also neither necessary nor particular useful as 2.6 still lacks some
features 2.4 has: some hardware is only supported in 2.4, some firewall
related features are only in 2.4 (atm). Maybe there is even more...

Joeyh wrote:
> > like it might be less work to follow upstream since it's limited to
> > security fixes, serious bug fixes, and driver backports, assuming
> > merging with it isn't too much work.

Ack. I've made up my mind and decided that I'l do (or try to do :-P) the work
needed for bringing 2.4.32 in debian. Help is certainly welcome.

I'll publish my results as soon as I have some.

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: I'm subscribed to -kernel now. cc'ed Joey as I dont know if he is..