2.4.27-12 for Sid

Hi,

Holger kindly reminded me on IRC yesterday that its been
a long time since a new 2.4.27 was uploaded into Sarge.
He pointed out that there are a number of valuable fixes
in SVN.

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/kernel/dists/trunk/kernel-2.4/source/kernel-source-2.4.27-2.4.27/?rev=0&sc=0

I'll also add that the rate of 2.4 security and other bugs is
fairly slow, so there seems to be no good reason not to release 2.4.27-12.
However, if you have a pet bug you want fixed, now would
be an excellent time to bring them here, hopefully with patches.

In the mean time, here is what I have, source and i386 packages.
This is not a call to build, though if you have another arch
handy, now would be an excellent time to check for FTBFS.
This is a call for testing, weather that be installing and booting,
testing rebuilds, or examining the changelog / patches.
Feedback, please!

http://packages.vergenet.net/testing/kernel-image-2.4.27-i386_2.4.27-11.hls.2005112400/
http://packages.vergenet.net/testing/kernel-source-2.4.27_2.4.27-11.hls.2005112400/

Q: Hey, those packages are 2.4.27-11.hls.2005112400 and you are talking
   about 2.4.27-12, what gives?
A: Its a snapshot built from SVN of what would be 2.4.27-12 if
   it was released yesterday (or today as there have been no changes).
   I changed the version number to signify that it isn't an official
   release. I also changed some dependancies accordingly.
   They are the only changes.

Q: Didn't you revoke your key after an incident involving a laptop
   and a restuarant?
A: Yes. Hopefully my new key will make it into the keyring soon.
   I signed the snapshot packages with my new key, and if anyone
   is kicking around Tokyo and wants to sign it drop me a line.
   In the mean time, I need someone to sponsor my uploads.

--
Horms