Re: 2.4.27-12 for Sid

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 11:13:33PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Horms wrote:
> > Holger kindly reminded me on IRC yesterday that its been
> > a long time since a new 2.4.27 was uploaded into Sarge.
> > He pointed out that there are a number of valuable fixes
> > in SVN.
>
> Is there any reason why you're sticking with 2.4.27+patches rather than
> following the 2.4 series upstream? Seems to this uninformed observer

Because 2.4.27+patches is the less work path for a kernel which is aimed at
going away before the etch release anyway, and this is as much effort as Horms
is ready to invest in this, given that it is work already done for the sarge
security upgrades anyway. In a way, our 2.4 kernels are nothing more than
forward ports of the sarge kernels.

> like it might be less work to follow upstream since it's limited to
> security fixes, serious bug fixes, and driver backports, assuming
> merging with it isn't too much work.

Since the work is already done for sarge ...