Re: kde menu: How to restore/manipulate?

Okay, I got some feedback from the kde guys on irc. Apparently, the menu system is several hundred files scattered all over the filesystem, though user-specific settings are in ~/.local and ~/.config. The best way to "fix" it is to use kmenuedit. In my case, this will probably be a couple of hours of work...Apparently, even though the menus are "wrong," kde does not see them as "broken."

Thanks,
--b

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 6:09 AM, godo <goran@dobosevic.com> wrote:
On 2011-03-06 02:55, Brad Alexander wrote:
Indeed we shall. I would have, except there was no indication that I
found *where* the menus were being generated.

I was also looking for some skeleton but didn't find him.
There must be something that 'remember' our layout and I don't know what and where.

Here is menu spec. maybe you can find something meaningful here http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/1.0/

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic