Re: kde menu: How to restore/manipulate?

That's interesting, because what is in ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu does not match what is showing up in my Lancelot menu.

The menus section has:

<Layout>
  <Merge type="menus"/>
  <Menuname>Development</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Education</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Edutainment</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Games</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Graphics</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Office</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Internet</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Multimedia</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Science</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Crossover</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Applications</Menuname>
 </Layout>

however this is not what is showing up in the actual menus. And one of the applications which is currently living in Lost & Found, calibre, is listed in that file as:

 <Menu>
  <Name>Office</Name>
  <Directory>Office-4.directory</Directory>
  <NotDeleted/>
  <Menu>
   <Name>Crossover</Name>
   <Directory>Crossover.directory</Directory>
  </Menu>
  <Include>
   <Filename>kde4-kate.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>calibre-gui.desktop</Filename>
  </Include>
  <Layout>
   <Merge type="files"/>
   <Filename>calibre-gui.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>kde4-kate.desktop</Filename>
  </Layout>
 </Menu>

So if I am reading this right, calibre-gui.desktop should be under the office menu...Which it is not.

Is there a way to fix this? Would, perhaps, moving this file out of the way cause the menu to be regenerated? Or is there some reason why it is not being read in the first place?

Thanks,
--b