Re: moving konqueror's bookmarks.xml to a new system

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:15:12 -0400,
"D. Michael McIntyre" <rosegarden.trumpeter@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Yes, that's just what I'd do.  You can go file by file, directory by
> directory, whatever you need to do. You can probably see the root of the
> problem if you look hard enough.  You'll usually see something like

-> ls -l
> total 0 -rw-r----- 1 me me 0 Aug 6 12:09 bar -rw-r----- 1 me me 0 Aug 6
> 12:09 blee -rw-r----- 1 1002 1002 0 Aug 6 12:09 foo

Yes, I should have mentioned that all my files "look" fine this way:

,-----[ ls -al ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror ]
| total 232
| drwx------  4 my_user my_user   4096 2006-08-06 02:59 .
| drwx------ 35 my_user my_user   4096 2006-08-06 02:44 ..
| -rw-------  1 my_user my_user 101287 2006-08-06 02:58 bookmarks.xml
| -rw-------  1 my_user my_user 101287 2006-08-06 02:58 bookmarks.xml.bak
| -rw-------  1 my_user my_user      0 2006-08-06 02:58 bookmarks.xml.tbcache
| -rw-------  1 my_user my_user   2465 2006-08-06 02:37 faviconrc
| -rw-------  1 my_user my_user   2522 2006-08-06 02:59 konq_history
| drwx------  2 my_user my_user   4096 2006-08-06 02:39 kpartplugins
| drwx------  2 my_user my_user   4096 2006-08-06 02:44 profiles
`-----

except for the the "w" permissions for group, as in your example, which
begs the question: how did it generate such permissions after having
deleted that entire directory?  This is driving me insane.  It really
seems as if KDE has recorded my wrong permissions in my previous
bookmarks.xml when I copied it into that directory, and I need to find
where that is stored.  I'm afraid I might have to completely remove the
~/.kde folder.

Thanks,

--
Seb