Re: moving konqueror's bookmarks.xml to a new system

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 13:06:45 -0400,
Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> wrote:

[...]

> Because a CD-ROM is read-only, files copied back from a CD are also
> read-only. This is something to keep in mind when making/retrieving
> backups and archives.

Absolutely.  This bit me a couple of time in the past, so was aware of
that.  However, this is not the case here because I kept everything in my
old /home hard drive, which I'm now mounting like:

,-----[ cat /etc/fstab ]
| # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
| #
| proc            /proc                      proc		defaults			       0       0
| /dev/hda1       /                          ext3		defaults,errors=remount-ro	       0       1
| /dev/hda6       /home                      ext3		defaults	 		       0       2
| /dev/hda5       none            	     swap		sw 				       0       0
| /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0              auto		user,noauto     		       0       0
| /dev/sde1	  /media/sde1		     auto		user,noauto			       0       0
| /dev/hdb1	  /home/my_user/Backup-Drive ext3	        defaults,user,noauto		       0       2
`-----

so I'm keeping my old files there and am using that hard drive as a backup
place for my new files.

What I did was to copy ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml from my
/dev/hdb1 to the corresponding directory in my current /dev/hda6.

--
Seb