Re: KDE 3.4 conflics with Gnome 2.10

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 16:36, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Le Mercredi 11 Mai 2005 15:58, Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra a
> > (--unpack): tentando sobrescrever `/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu',

> make me think that the file has always been in kdelibs-data, so that the
> problem is in gnom 2.10 packages and not the reverse.

not really, neither gnome nor kde packages are the rigt place for this so
both are buggy here:
/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu is the default place for the
_cross-desktop_ menu specified by the freedesktop base-directory spec

-> any menu there will be used by (at least) current KDE, current GNOME, and
XFCE >= 4.2 (not sure what version is in Debian currently)
-> having this shared file owned by _any_one_ of the desktops is bound to
lead to endless bickering and flamewars (not to mention that it will
effectively force everyone to install the core of that desktop),

the right place to put this is probably the menu-xdg package, as that's the
package that's supposed to deal with the freedesktop menu standard in
Debian AIUI

--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)