Re: kaddressbook (kab) in sid

"James D. Freels" <freelsjd@ornl.gov> writes:

> It has been a while since I have installed kde3.1 from sid and
> everything that is there works great.
>
> I obtain kmail from kdenetwork packages of cheney, but I did not
> realize until today that kaddressbook was not in the packaging.  I
> hope we can get that soon.  In the mean time, does anyone know how
> to get a binary or easily build from source.  "apt-get -b source
> kab" failed out of the box.  I had to
>
> cd kdeutils-3.1.0
> chmod +x ./configure
> cd /usr/include
> ln -s qt3 qt
>
> Then kdeutils would build.  But I don't think kab is in there ?

It's probably a part of kdepim. The much-feared mythical gatekeepers
known as the "ftp-masters" are obviously still denying entry to it.

Does anybody know, why? I thought it was related to certain Qt
troubles that caused FTBFS bugs. But I that this had been sorted out
in the meantime.

BTW: I just saw koffice in incoming. So let's not give up the hope and
keep praying that kdenetwork and kdepim will follow one shiny day...

Johannes