kaddressbook (kab) in sid

It has been a while since I have installed kde3.1 from sid and everything that
is there works great.

I obtain kmail from kdenetwork packages of cheney, but I did not realize until
today that kaddressbook was not in the packaging.  I hope we can get that
soon.  In the mean time, does anyone know how to get a binary or easily build
from source.  "apt-get -b source kab" failed out of the box.  I had to

cd kdeutils-3.1.0
chmod +x ./configure
cd /usr/include
ln -s qt3 qt

Then kdeutils would build.  But I don't think kab is in there ?

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory