Problems with qt-embedded

Hi

I'm having massive problems using the qt-embedded packages currently available
under debian.

I can compile a small "Hello World" application (shows just one QPushButton)
with libqt-dev (2.3.1-22) on my woody based system and this works as
expected.

After that I compiled the same app with libqt-emb-dev (2.3.2-3) and saved the
/usr/bin/qvfb program to a local directory because unfortunately one can not
install libqt-dev (which includes qvfb) and libqt-emb-dev (which is needed to
compile applications to let them run under qvbf) at the same time!?!?
Compiling and linking against libqte worked fine but when I tried to ran the
program with ./app -qws -display QVFb:0 (running a qvfb of course) I got
the message:
"Cannot find font definition file /usr/local/qt-embedded/lib/fonts/fontdir -
is $QTDIR set correctly?"

Ok, so i set QTDIR=/usr (cause the fonts/fontdir is stored under /usr/lib/ and
setting QTDIR to /usr/share/qt as told in the README.Debian file of
libqt-emb-dev does not work). After this I tried to start the app again and I
got the message:
"Connected to VFB server: 240 x 320 x 32
Segmentation fault"
The qvfb got green and a cursor appeared but that`s it.

Getting tired of this I use one of my unstable boxes to try the latest
unstable packages. I tried both the packages for qt2 emb and qt3 emb but none
of them could fix my problems. Starting the app with
./app -qws -display QVFb:0 under a qt3 emb environment gave me:
"QVFb: driver not found"
and the qvfb process spilled out endless lines:
"Semop unlock failure Identifier removed
Semop lock failure Identifier removed"

Using the  libqte2-dev (2.3.4) packages didn't work either (btw: there's no
qvfb for qt2 emb under unstable and using the qvfb from the
qt3-dev-tools-embedded package also segfaults...

So I gave up. Can anyone _please_ point me in the right direction on how to
use the qt embedded packages (either qt2 or qt3) with qvfb (I don't want to
switch to a console to test the app) ???

Thanks everyone who read all that stuff above ;-)

Nikolaus