Restricting konqueror to single instance

I decided to map konqueror to one of the extra buttons in my
so-called "multimedia" keyboard. The problem is that if I press
the button too long several instances of konqueror are
started. Is there an option I can pass to konqueror or a config
file setting that I can set that will prevent one konqueror
session from starting if one is already running. I'm thinking of
something like a "--server" option that will force the program to
just connect to an existing session.