Re: Sid KDE 3.1 upgrade report

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:39:23 -0800
Craig Dickson <crdic@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I will look that up and use it to set a reasonable system default, but
> still, each user ideally ought to be able to customize it, so an X
> server setting is not appropriate for my purpose.

You didn't specify in what conditions you'd like it to work. It works on
my computer, that's why I suggested that.

> No, each user should be able to choose his own environment, which may
> be different from the system default. Gnome's GDM allows the user to
> choose his locale at login time, and remembers it for future logins,
> KDM appears not to have this capability, nor have I been able to find
> it elsewhere in KDE.

Again, see above. Works for me.

> Or are you suggesting that the KDE developers fundamentally do not
> understand that a multi-user OS may actually have multiple users?
> Surely that's not possible.

No I'm not, I'm just giving you solutions to your problem, because you
didn't specify anything else.

> This is already set up, and works in every other environment that is
> installed on the machine. "Break everything else to make KDE work"
> seems like a poor solution.

Well, you're free to trash my mail or advices, but then I suggest you
describe exactly what you want next time.

--
Lucas Moulin <lucas@brebis.org>
"I wish I had a shilling for every senseless killing, I'd buy a