Re: KDE startup hangs and 'commits suicide'
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: KDE startup hangs and 'commits suicide'
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
- Date: 17 Mar 2002 20:22:22 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1016389010.1005.2.camel@sandy>
- References: <20020316203633.GA2489@darkstar> <1016365063.1099.4.camel@sandy> <tTNnLB.A.XOH.eLMl8@murphy> <1016389010.1005.2.camel@sandy>
>> Maybe one can add
>> ifup lo
>> to the kde-startupscript. dcop seems to need the loopback interface.
> It works ! Thanks a lot.
If this is a fresh install, you have probably been bitten by the bug
in the install system failing to configure the loopback interface.
The correct fix is probably to add the following to
# The loopback interface
iface lo inet loopback
It should have been added by the install program, but sometimes it
failed to do so. The bug is believed fixed in the latest source.