Re: KDE startup hangs and 'commits suicide'
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: KDE startup hangs and 'commits suicide'
- From: Hendrik Naumann <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:47:01 +0100
- Message-id: <tTNnLB.A.XOH.eLMl8@murphy>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <1016365063.1099.4.camel@sandy>
- References: <20020316203633.GA2489@darkstar> <1016365063.1099.4.camel@sandy>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> I have exactly the same problem but I think it can be due to a more
> general problem because some other window managers(like sawfish)
> fail also to load.
You may check if the loopback device (lo) is up.
That was my problem some weeks ago. I forgot to set it auto in less
/etc/network/interfaces. It used to work that way long time, but on
one point the wrong behavior (lo was start although not set to auto)
changed, but that was causing the problem.
Maybe one can add
to the kde-startupscript. dcop seems to need the loopback interface.
PGP ID 21F0AC0265C92061
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----