Re: Setting environment

> >search the list archives ... (kdm, xsession, xprofile, environment,
> >...)
> >

> With the greatest respect, this answer is a little unhelpful.  I HAVE
> been extensively searching archives both at Debian and using Google
> but can't find anything straight and to the point.

heck, you're right. the search engine at lists.debian.org is somehow
broken; i didn't find anything, although i knew quite well what to
search for. (bug the web admin with it. :))

> Could someone PLEASE set me straight on this, or at least advise me
> where I could GAINFULLY look for answers.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/debian-kde-200110/msg00143.html

greetings

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.