Re: Environment variables for KDE-Sessions

> I am running testing (KDE 2.1.1) and I am wondering how a user may set
> environment variables (like $PRINTER) for KDE. CDE allows to set in
> ~/.dtprofile

i (the kdm upstream maintainer) enhanced kdm's default Xsession file by
making it source ~/.xprofile ... but i doubt this hasn't been adopted
for debian (yet). anyway, you could create a
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/95mine_xprofile
with a content of
test ~/.xprofile && . ~/.xprofile

alternatively you can select the default session in kdm/xdm/?dm and
make your ~/.xsession do whatever you want.

greetings

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.