Re: Setting environment

In message <[🔎] 20011028114534.A5066@ugly.wh8.tu-dresden.de>, Oswald Buddenhagen
wr
ites:

>heck, you're right. the search engine at lists.debian.org is somehow
>broken; i didn't find anything, although i knew quite well what to
>search for. (bug the web admin with it. :))
>
>> Could someone PLEASE set me straight on this, or at least advise me
>> where I could GAINFULLY look for answers.
>>
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/debian-kde-200110/msg00143.html
>
>greetings

All right.

I have set up:

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           34 Oct 29 17:45 95mine_xprofile

in /etc/X11/Xsession.d which contains:

test ~/.xprofile && . ~/.xprofile

In ~/ I have:

-rw-r--r--    1 david    david          42 Oct 29 18:06 .xprofile

which contains:

HTTP_PROXY="proxy.sydney.apana.org.au:8080"

which I take to be in accord with your suggestion in the quoted post in the
archives.

Upon restarting X and logging into KDE and running env I find it has had no
effect.

What is wrong here, please?

--
David

"Some weeks it looks like Redmond feels entitled to capture not just part of
what we save, but all of it.  That just isn't going to fly with corporate
America forever.  When your margins are more sensitive to Bill Gates' pricing
whims than they are [to] the price of oil, that's an untenable position for a
large company to be in."      - John Chapman, Sr. Technology Executive, Amoco