Re: nspluginviewer crashs with debian version of libqt 2.3.1

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:29:17PM +0200, Jens Hoffmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2001 22:10, Jens Benecke wrote:
> > <OT>
> >
> > Are you also suspecting the current (1.0-1251) drivers to have a memory
> > hole? My XFree86 process eats about 250MB of virtual memory, that's
> > fifteen times as much as the ATI (gatos) driver on my laptop needs. And
> > this requirement grows over time, I can't let X run for >3 days because
> > then my VM will be all used up (192MB RAM + 250MB swap) </OT>
>
> top reports 193MB for Xfree86 for me (including 32MB Framebuffer + IO
> space) seems still a bit much, but i didn't notice any growth in mem
> usage so far.

well... is this normal? I mean the nv driver only ate about 20MB. And even
that is quite a lot.

> but, if you have an app with an memleak, it's not necessarily the X
> driver: if a program allocates a shared pixmap the space gets accounted
> for X, although it belongs to the program.

How do I find out what to blame?

> just to come back on topic: 8-) i read a bugreport on the kde-develop
> archives, that a recent build of kde2.2 cvs has/had a memleak in the
> display of desktop background pictures which resulted in growth of
> Xfree86..  maybe its something like that.

I'll look. Thanks.

--
Jens Benecke
http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Die kostenlose Mitfahrzentrale für ganz Europa