Re: Ping (Was: Introducing DoudouLinux)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 06:28:48PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 24/01/12 05:56 PM, Jean-Michel Philippe wrote:
> >Thanks for your attention. Let me know if you have ever thought about a
> >way to hand on the torch.

As far as I would see it the torch has just left Ben's hand and is
simply waiting for somebody who picks it up.

> Pretty much the way I've been handling it so far ... I will
> encourage, listen, and advise as much as is necessary until you're
> self-sufficient.

I started a Mentoring of the Month effort in Debian Med:

   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM    [1]

I think this might not fully applicable here but may be you get the
idea.

> >Although I've been using Debian for years, I'm
> >quite new to the Debian developer's world. I may not do everything the
> >project is expecting :). As a start I can report on this list when I've
> >achieved enough work that is worth talking about it.
>
> You don't need to know exactly what to do in order to be a driver of
> this project. All I expect from you is to keep after your goals, and
> keep "bugging" me until you get the answers you need. :)

One goal of the MoM project [1] was to make people verbose on the list
and for the first week it works way better than expected.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de