Re: Reviving the effort to package SBT

Hi Emmanuel,

On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 15:18 +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> That's interesting. It looks like SBT is built with Scala 2.10 but
> could be compiled with Scala 2.11:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23282469/does-sbt-build-against-scala-2-11
>
> If we rebuild SBT with Scala 2.11 I guess we'll have compatibility
> problems with the plugins. This would mean our sbt package would be
> fine as a tool to build other packages, but it would be useless
> (or quite limited) as a build tool for an end user downloading plugins
> from the net.

I didn't manage to read that page in this way, but OK. As long as at
least someone understands it, it's good.

> So it looks like we'll need a scala-2.10 package as long as SBT
> is unable to run with Scala 2.11.

How do we go about this? Is a new source package needed? I guess so.
Hopefully it won't be hard, especially given that Scala 2.10.5 used to
be available at one point:

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/scala/2.10.5-1/

Let me know how to proceed and I'll start on packaging Scala 2.10.6,
which SBT depends on.

Cheers,
Marko