Re: Reviving the effort to package SBT

Hi all,

On Wed, 2016-10-26 at 00:46 -0600, Marko Dimjašević wrote:

> Eventually I ran into this error:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't install component compiler:
> scala-compiler.jar not found on resource path.

I got past this error. Not sure what exactly changed since yesterday :)

Here's a quick update.

1) The source package has needed files in debian/ to build.

2) I started modifying the upstream's bin/sbt, a Bash script that runs
SBT. In it I avoid calling sbt-launch.jar, which would start downloading
JARs from online. Instead, I call sbt.jar, where the entry point to SBT
is. What I am unable to figure out is how to properly construct the
-classpath parameter so that invoking the Bash script properly passes in
to 'java' all SBT's dependencies located under /usr/share/java.

3) I can actually start SBT on my host machine now, but with an error. I
get this error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.collection.immutable.$colon$colon.hd
$1()Ljava/lang/Object;

I haven't managed to resolve this. My hunch is that there are some
incompatible interfaces. By searching the bug online I found people
running into the same error when trying to use ScalaTest from an IDE
instead of SBT. I suppose the error in my case happens because SBT
depends on Scala 2.10.6, and I have Scala 2.11.8 installed. I tried with
having only Scala 2.10.6 in a chroot, but there I can't get past the
-classpath problem described under 2).

As before, the repository is at:

https://gitlab.com/mdimjasevic/sbt-non-free

More of my thoughts can be found by listing the git log.

I'd appreciate any input.

--
Regards,
Marko Dimjašević <marko@dimjasevic.net>