Re: Reviving the effort to package SBT

On Tue, 2016-10-25 at 19:25 +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> We just need a source package in non-free that builds SBT. A .deb file
> found online isn't a source package.

That's what I can't grasp. If we don't have SBT in Debian, and we need
SBT to build SBT, and SBT's build dependencies build-depend on SBT, how
are we going to start by having an SBT source package first?

Maybe me not understanding this comes from the lack of knowledge how the
non-free archive works and what constitutes a source package.

--
Regards,
Marko Dimjašević <marko@dimjasevic.net>