Re: Reviving the effort to package SBT

Le 24/10/2016 à 22:26, Marko Dimjašević a écrit :

> I'm not familiar with how the Debian Java team works. Is there a Git
> repository per package (e.g. on Alioth)? Do you maybe use Git pbuilder?
> Is there already a work-in-progress repository for SBT that I can take a
> look at?

Yes the Java Team uses a Git repository on Alioth per package, and we
follow the default git-buildpackage layout (master, upstream and
pristine-tar branches; the upstream branch is populated by importing the
upstream tarball; patches are managed by quilt). New repositories are
created by running the setup-repository script in
/srv/git.debian.org/git/pkg-java.

There is no work-in-progress that I'm aware of, this is an uncharted
territory.

> I'll get started by trying to figure out what are build dependencies for
> SBT. I'm just curious how do I approach this. My first guess is to go
> to:
>
> https://github.com/sbt/sbt/blob/1.0.x/build.sbt

There is also:

  https://github.com/sbt/sbt/blob/1.0.x/project/Dependencies.scala

And you might be interested in the dependency analysis made by Fabio
Pirola in February this year:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2016/02/msg00042.html

Note that probably not all dependencies are necessary at first. Some
test or documentation related dependencies may be ignored to build a
minimal sbt package initially.

Emmanuel Bourg