Re: maven2 for Debian

Paul Cager wrote:
> For packages that are built by Maven it would take no more than a few
> minutes to write a debian/build.xml for the Debian build system.

That is probably true for most projects, but it also means we have to
maintain that build.xml file. I think some projects are more complicated
than this - for instance Tomcat 5 has an elaborate system with lots of
build files that I would not like to rewrite myself.

I still hope it's not too difficult to shoehorn Maven into the correct
behaviour when building Debian packages...

> Going slightly off-topic, maybe we could enhance dh_make (et. al.) to
> detect *.pom and build.xml files and use the information within them to
> generate the dependency information within the debian/control file etc.

That would be nice...

Marcus