Re: maven2 for Debian

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>> The only requirement I have from the Debian packagers is that Maven from
>> Debian still behaves *exactly* like Maven from Apache from a users point
>> of view.

> we cannot distribute a software for Debian that could install non free
> software in all ~'s.

Of course we can - wget can do that... :-) A Debian user (building stuff for
their own use) would expect Maven to work the same as it does elsewhere.

How about this mini-plan for packaging Maven:

Step 1. Package Maven for "use case 1" only, i.e., targetted for regular
users, with functionality identical to upstream (as much as possible).

Step 2. Implement any changes and extensions needed for building Debian
packages with it.

I suspect that Step 1 will take most of the effort.

Marcus