Re: RFP 413518 Wagon package - granularity

Michael Koch wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:29:35PM +0100, Paul Cager wrote:
>> The maven2 distribution contains about 7 wagon jars (wagon-file,
>> wagon-http-shared etc). What would be the best way to package this:
>>
>>   A) Seven source packages (and hence seven binary packages).
>>   B) One source package generating seven binary packages.
>>   C) One source package generating one binary package (one big jar).
>>   D) Doesn't matter / something else.
>>
>> I'm rather in favour of the first option. What's the general view?
>
> Are all source packages normally release in sync? If yes I would prefer
> one big source package which includes the tarballs of all releases and
> builds either seven binary packages or one binary package with 7 jars.
> I think I would prefer the later one.

Upstream do not release source tarballs - access is by svn. It looks to
me as though all of the Jars are released in sync (although I may be a
bit confused, since the ibiblio repos has version 1.0-alpha-4, and the
maven download contains 1.0-beta-2, and some things have been renamed).

I guess if we produce one source package then we should package _all_ of
wagon, not just the bits needed by maven. It don't think this will be a
problem, as it doesn't look like it will pull in any additional
dependencies.

Regards,
Paul