Re: maven2 for Debian

On Sunday March 4 2007 09:27, Michael Koch wrote:

> I have built a preliminary Debian packages for Maven 2 for people
> who need it or wanna look into Maven. I did this by using the
> binary distribution from upstream. You can install it by adding
>
> deb http://people.debian.org/~mkoch/maven2/ ./

Hi Michael,

This is great. I use Maven2 on a daily base as part of my job. I am
running the upstream install in Ubuntu. I am going to give this a
whirl next week.

I would also be interested in binary derived packages of all sorts of
other stuff. How hard is it to create a package like this? Are there
any instructions somewhere?

I think as a first entry point packages like this would be awesome. At
least a lot better than no packages.

Sort of related-  another question. Couldn't we come up with some sort
of Maven assembly plugin definition that would allow deb creation
fairly easily?

And another one ... would it make sense to get everything maven
downloads when it runs through its dependency system in some location
like /usr/share/java/maven2/repository so that it comes available for
all users? Could this be expanded to be actually used as a packaging
system?

And a last one.. have you announced the package on the maven lists?

manfred

--
Manfred Moser
Vancouver Island Java User Group