Re: maven2 for Debian

[guys, please don't CC me, I am subscribed.]

manfred@mosabuam.com wrote:
> I think it would be better to just leave the version as is and accept
> that multiple version sit around on the file system. They don' cause
> any harm anyway.

The Debian package will support this for _users_, it will work just like the
upstream Maven.

For Debian packaging work it is a different story, as Michael explained we
cannot support a dozen versions of the same package as part of the Debian
system.

I don't think this will be a huge problem for us. Even dynamic projects
don't make stable releases that often.