Re: newer jikes may never get to testing (and thus stable)

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 20:18, Adam Majer wrote:
> Yes, but there is not that many Java compilers in debian. :)
> I really doubt that there will ever be even half a dozen
> compilers.

Why would wrappers be confined only to compilers? Any program that might
be run by Kaffe (Freenet, Ant, etc.) could also demand a wrapper. Is
that correct? Or is this just for programs that replace a part of Kaffe
(in the sense that Jikes replaces javac)?

> But I hope we can get Kaffe actually *built* this weekend so we
> might not end up doing anything with the jikes wrappers for the
> time being.

Hey, I've got that missing terminator tagged help for a reason. Some
ia64 wizard needs to stick their nose in and tell me something. I'm an
ignorant mcnugget.

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com