Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 10:51:01PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> > But if you want to get your
> > mail delivered, rent a VPS and get some respect.  I've seen them for
> > as little as $7.95 per month.
>
> Ah, a dollar price. You guys have it easy on that side of the pond :-)
> It's always seemed to me that internet services are a lot cheaper in
> the US. Over here it looks as if it would involve doubling, or worse,
> my monthly bills for internet services. I am not exactly well-off, so
> this is highly significant. I'd also need a provider which will accept
> paper-based payments as opposed to automatic electronic payment
> systems, which restricts the choice tremendously.

The delightful thing about a VPS is that it's virtual and you can own
one from anywhere in the world! Amazing how those 'virtual' things work.
Any argument against cost related to a VPS is moot. I can buy one in the
UK, you can buy one in the US. I can buy one in Finland, Sealand,
Russia, India and wherever the heck I want.

I'm not sure where you'd consider that a VPS would double your local
Internet connection bill. If you're paying US$7.95/mo (or equivalent)
for your Internet connection, you're getting a bargain already and have
little room for complaint.

VPS - virtualize yourself and be a better Netizen.

(p.s. and I'm in the process of virtualizing my last bastion of
independence on my home DSL connect by putting yet another server into
colo which will handle all my mail from here)