Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 11:23:34PM +0300, Juha-Matti Tapio wrote:
> > > and your ISP complies with all the other rules
> > > that SORBS likes to enforce then you could possibly get this
> > > decision reversed.
> > The rules are ridiculous and arbitrary.
>
> They are arbitrary, but they catch spam very well and there are practically
> no false positives (not counting people who really should be using
> smarthosts).

I object to the "practically no false positives (not counting people who
really should be using smarthosts)".

I run a mailserver, which has a static allocation. Reverse DNS matches
forward DNS. However, TTL was lowered on the records so we could move
various servers to a new range. We then found that the entire /24 was
blocked as being 'dynamic', despite the range being clearly PI space.

Should I be using a smart host in this instance?

Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3