Re: More sorbs blacklisting

John Keimel wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 10:51:01PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
>> It's always seemed to me that internet services are a lot cheaper in
>> the US. Over here it looks as if it would involve doubling, or worse,
>> my monthly bills for internet services. I am not exactly well-off, so
>> this is highly significant. I'd also need a provider which will accept
>> paper-based payments as opposed to automatic electronic payment
>> systems, which restricts the choice tremendously.

The fact that you use a static or a dynamic IP has, IMHO, nothing to do
with the problem, you have a CUSTOMER ADSL connection, that seems to be
a cheap one, and that's ENOUGH to be considered as a potential spammer,
even you don't like it. The reverse DNS is only A PART of the problem,
but it wont solve ALL your troubles.

> The delightful thing about a VPS is that it's virtual and you can own
> one from anywhere in the world! Amazing how those 'virtual' things work.
> Any argument against cost related to a VPS is moot. I can buy one in the
> UK, you can buy one in the US. I can buy one in Finland, Sealand,
> Russia, India and wherever the heck I want.

If you are searching for a provider, we do it from Singapore, Sydney,
Florida, Paris and Israel, and we accept wire transfers, cheques, etc.,
and we are not the only one... The first price is 12 USD/month, which is
more than affordable... We will soon open in London, Barcelona, Italy,
Shanghai (but I can't forecast when), and there are a lot of competitors
in those areas already, some are even cheaper.

The web hosting market is clearly going into this direction, a big part
of it is because of the price and what it can offer, but also because of
all the possibility it can offer. This is clearly the best way to have
low volume MX servers and cheap DNS.

I'm sorry, but I had to reply to this one... I don't want people think
I'm doing advertizing (I wont most my site URL), just want this user to
understand VPS are cheap, and easy to get.

> I'm not sure where you'd consider that a VPS would double your local
> Internet connection bill. If you're paying US$7.95/mo (or equivalent)
> for your Internet connection, you're getting a bargain already and have
> little room for complaint.

I agree 100%.

Thomas