Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 10:13:35AM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> I run a mailserver, which has a static allocation. Reverse DNS matches
> forward DNS. However, TTL was lowered on the records so we could move
> various servers to a new range. We then found that the entire /24 was
> blocked as being 'dynamic', despite the range being clearly PI space.

What was the cause of the listing?

Once you have moved around the servers why not raise the TTL so that you can
get unlisted (assuming you have already dealt with the cause of the listing)?

I think there are potential problems with any filtering methods when there
are systems that are in a flux. Mistakes happen on so many different levels
when stuff is changing.

I don't see how the PI status should make the issue different.