Re: Which mail server?

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 08:31:34PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> exim's not bad either, if you know your server will never need to scale
> up to high mail loads. IMO there are really only two choices for MTA
> today - exim and postfix. choose exim if you've got a small server and
> you're already very familiar with it. choose postfix for everything
> else.

Can you please stop smoking quite so much crack - exim is not just for
"small installations" and I've seen it cope with higher mail loads than
postfix on the same hardware - the difference being that you can
configure exim to either be very very fast, or add in all the features
in the world.

If postfix is so great, why haven't the likes of, oh, say Clara.NET,
Wanadoo, etc etc changed to it yet?

Please, when semi-bashing exim actually consider what you're saying
*first*.

*sigh*
--
Brett Parker