Re: Intel SR1325TP1-E & 3ware 9xxx RAID thoughts

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Dave Watkins wrote:
>

>>The reason i2c won't work on these boards is because they use IPMI
>>rather than i2c and have a BMC on them which does much more in the way
>>of management than desktop type boards
>>

>Well, if it is anything like SE750x boards, you need to first setup the
>entire BMC system using the Intel CD (that runs Windows :P) before it
>will do anything useful.
>
>After that is done, you *can* access the sensor data though IPMI, and even
>reconfigure the BMC from Linux.  There is even an lm-sensors module for
>accessing IPMI sensor data. It is slow, but it works.  Mostly :P
>
>I don't recall where I found the IPMI sensor module anymore, though.
>Maybe it is even packaged in sid/sarge nowadays.  I think it was OpenIPMI
>or something like that.

The 1325 should already be setup properly as the board is custom to the
chassis and that the only way the system is sold.. Also the CD is self
booting and doesn't require windows to setup anyway. You have to flash
the BMC and set it up that way and configure the password for acces via
the bootable CD. This will also install the "Service Partition"

Dave